My friend Mari wrote about this blogging challenge last week and I wanted to join in on the fun! The challenge asks us each to name 5 ways we will relax, or take time for ourselves, between now and the end of 2018. While I am a hard worker at work, and I work way more than 40 hours a week most weeks, I am also highly practiced in the art of relaxation. Here are 5 ways I commit to relaxing outside of work before 2019 arrives.
- Reading for fun! I love to read, especially fiction, during my vacation and weekends. I’m trying to read more in 2018 than I did in 2017, so I’m also on a mission to read a certain number of books in the next month. If you have any fun fiction recommendations, let me know. I prefer mysteries, YA lit, and cheesy chic lit.
- Friend & Family time – This is something I always try to make time for in my life. I love spending time with my friends and my family. This Thanksgiving week has already brought some fun friend adventures and I’m soon to be with my family near and far as well.
- Decorating for Christmas – This year I’m going to hang up sparkly Christmas lights on my balcony for the first time ever. I love Christmas decorations and don’t put much inside my house because my two crazy cats will knock anything and everything over. But outside lights are safe from them!
- Massage and facial – I get regular massages but I also booked myself a facial for the end of the month – a great way to treat myself to some extra relaxation.
- Sunsets – I commit to enjoying as many sunsets as possible for the rest of this year. I love sunsets on the west coast! I’ve seen two great ones this week already and I plan to make a point to see more.
What are your Relaxing 5?
Go Amy go!! Thank you for sharing your 5 🙂 I’ll think of some good book recommendations, and send them your way.
Amy: Goodreads is a SUPER helpful way to follow how much you’ve read in a year and to find recommendations from friends (or from your read or to-read lists)!
Love the sunsets idea! What a beautiful picture 🙂