This word came to me late in 2016, around the time of the presidential elections. Before I knew it would be my word, I was searching for a new direction. Mindfulness and rejuvenate treated me well in 2015 and 2016, respectively, but I was ready for something new and different.
Here is what challenge means to me and what I hope it will bring in 2017.
- Professionally, I want to challenge myself to continue to expand my skills and grow as a leader
- Personally, I want to challenge myself as a writer, to get more focused on writing a book and using my writing as a form of action
- As a citizen, I feel we will face many challenges in the coming year and I am ready – I feel like these challenges will be a call to action and I’m prepared to take action
I loved the questions I wrote to help me choose rejuvenation when needed. Here are some questions I will use to ground me in the idea of challenge this year.
- Will this experience help me learn and grow as a leader?
- Am I avoiding a challenge that I need to face?
- Is this struggle really just a challenge in disguise?
- What experiences would enhance my life this year?
Do you have a focus word for 2017? If so, what is it? How will it support you? I love to connect to others who have chosen a focus word for the year. As always, my original inspiration comes from Susannah Conway and her creative process. I hope to blog about how challenge is inspiring me throughout the year.