Reflection is often dedicated to the past- what we coulda/should/woulda done if only… What if we took the time, instead, to reflect on the possibilities of what could be- to look ahead to a bright and hopeful future?
I like to think about possibilities…
– The possibilities for my own work, writing, life
– The possibilities before my colleagues, and the possibilities of what they bring to our work
– The boundless possibilities of our students- where they may go in the future
This actually reminds me of one of my favorite books/ graduation presents, Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. The book’s message is all about the possibilities we all have, if we learn to see beyond the doubt and the negativity and look for the good.
Reflective questions to consider:
- How do you see the possibilities in any situation?
- What do you think of when you hear the word possible?
Abecedary of Reflection
I love the possibilities of our work!
When I hear the word possible, I think about change. I think about progress. I think about fear and I think about love.
Great words FULL of possibility!
I believe that with whatever situation you are in there are always possibilities. It’s whether the possibilities are in your favor or someone else that dictates progress and change. Also it’s about how you handle the possibilities and the road you want to take. I believe with each day that passes there are always possibilities, it’s what you do with them that matters.
Your optimism rings true in all that you do, Lisa! Thanks, as always, for reading and sharing! When is your guest post coming?!