Yesterday I was pleased and surprised to receive a tweet from @franmcveigh with a link to her blog. She nominated me for a blogging Sunshine Award. Thanks Fran!
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.) These are the rules according to Fran’s post. The number 11 seems intimidating as I begin to write this post, but here goes…
Random facts about me:
- I have lived in three states throughout my life: New Jersey, Virginia, and California
- I have traveled to many countries, but I’ve visited Spain at least 5 times
- Video games make me happier than they should!
- I have a cat that is 18 1/2 years old
- Although my arthritic knees don’t enjoy it, I love to hike
- I wanted to be a teacher from the time I was five years old
- I also wanted to be a writer (author of children’s books) and a bookstore owner!
- I love red wine
- I love music from the 50’s to today and music is ALWAYS playing in my car
- I miss my mom every day
- I’m participating in a photo-a-day challenge this month that I hope to continue throughout 2014
1. What is your most treasured piece of writing?
My journal from when I lived in Spain during college. It tells so much about who I was as well as the experience.
2. What author would you like to personally chat with (time travel is acceptable!)
SO many to choose from… but I would have to start with Louisa May Alcott.
3. What would members of your family say that you are somewhat obsessive about?
Noises… I hate loud and/or repetitive, distracting noises!
4. What book should never have been made into a movie?
Again, so many to choose from! Right now, what comes to mind is The Polar Express by Chris Van Alsburg. That book has a special place in my family’s traditions and the book is so much more special than the movie.
5. What are the defining qualities of a “good book” in your own opinion?
A good fiction book tells a great story, helps the reader connect with the characters (either because you love them or you love to hate them!), and makes it hard to put down until you finish it!
6. What is your favorite sport and why?
Sport? What is that?
7. In your life, is the glass typically “half full” or “half empty?”
Half full! 🙂
8. What life accomplishment are you most proud of? And why?
Everything having to do with my work- I’m very proud of all I’ve done as a teacher and a leader and I love my job!
9. What one word would your best friend use to describe you?
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
11. What outdoor temperature range would be your ideal year round temperatures?
San Diego’s temperature just about all year long!
Bloggers I Nominate for Sunshine Awards:
- Barb @barb_montfort Wear the Cape
- Shelley @burgess_shelley Shelley Burgess
- Kathy @kathyperret Learning is Growing
- Steve @web20classroom Web 2.0
- Jen @jenmarten Teach from the Heart (even though she’s already shared 11 things!)
- Elena Aguilar @artofcoaching1 The Art of Coaching
- Tony @ TonySinanis Leading Motivated Learners
- Dave @burgessdave Dave Burgess
- Chris @ChrisWejr The Wejr Board
- Kim @kd0602 Thinking Through My Lens
My Questions for these fabulous bloggers:
- Who is the most famous person you have met in real life?
- Who do you recommend we follow on twitter?
- Where did you go on your last vacation?
- Coffee or tea?
- Pictures or words?
- Why are you in this profession?
- PC or Mac?
- How many “i_” products do you own?
- What do you do for fun?
- Favorite song?
- What genre do you most enjoy reading?