My focus word for 2016 is rejuvinate.
While this is not something I consciously think about every day, I do make an effort to ask myself these questions when planning activities or making decisions that impact my schedule:
- Will this rejuvinate me?
- Will this bring more or less energy into my life?
- Will I feel better (mentally, emotionally, physically) after I do this?
- Do I need rest more than this?
Asking myself these questions has kept rejuvenation within my focus, giving me permission to choose taking care of my health above many other things that feel important, but aren’t nearly as important!
Some things I’ve done in the first two months of this year that have rejuvenated me:
- Virtual writing dates with a good friend!
- Sunsets (on the non-rainy days!)
- Rest (allowing myself to choose this when needed has been empowering!)
- Lots of green juices and smoothies
- Essential oils
- More reading for fun
- A major tidying up of my house
What is your word of 2016? How do you stay focused on it throughout the year?