Reflection is often dedicated to the past- what we coulda/should/woulda done if only… What if we took the time, instead, to reflect on the possibilities of what could be- to look ahead to a bright and hopeful future?
I like to think about possibilities…
– The possibilities for my own work, writing, life
– The possibilities before my colleagues, and the possibilities of what they bring to our work
– The boundless possibilities of our students- where they may go in the future
This actually reminds me of one of my favorite books/ graduation presents, Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. The book’s message is all about the possibilities we all have, if we learn to see beyond the doubt and the negativity and look for the good.
Reflective questions to consider:
- How do you see the possibilities in any situation?
- What do you think of when you hear the word possible?
Abecedary of Reflection